GPA-NoVA is a volunteer based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. No matter what you’d like to volunteer – time, skills, experience or energy, we would be glad to make use of it. If you work for a company that is interested in corporate sponsorship (grants, skill, services etc.), we would love to hear from you as well!
Here are a few areas that we could use some help with, especially from greyhound owners:
- Screening adoption applications
- Phone Interviews and Home Visits with potential adopters
- Adoption Days: Setting up, briefing the adopters, transporting the greys from the kennel, manning the GPA-NoVA adoption day store and processing payments
- Meet and Greets
- GPA-NoVA meetings and picnics
- Public outreach events: Setting up, talking with general public about greyhounds and answering questions about them.
We also welcome volunteers who don’t have a greyhound but still would like to help out with their skills and time:
- Photographing adopted greys
- Maintaining the website, mailing list, etc.
- Membership management
- Event planning
- Social Media outreach
- Processing financial paperwork
- Other non-profit specific experience
Interested? Please fill out the form below and we will gladly reach out to you.